The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. Psalm 16:6


Thursday, June 11, 2009

nine

Our beautiful Lillian turns nine years old today! We thank the Lord for His gift of this sweet, funny girl in our family. Here are nine special things about my special little girl:

(1) Until she was 5 years old, she called herself Yiwian. Those "L's" were a bit tough.
(2) She has a dry sense of humor that keeps us all laughing.
(3) She is such a wonderful little mother to her two little brothers. She really has a servant heart.
(4) Her need to be different from everyone else in the family. She definitely is an individual!
(5) Her love of my cooking. What can a mama say? All her favorite foods are things that I make. You gotta love that! (So today we are having strawberry bread, warm potato and sausage salad, and mommy pasta :-)
(6) She's a daredevil! When she's tall enough, she'll be my riding partner at Knotts!
(7) She's such a solid friend. She writes letters and saves seats and just really cares about people.
(8) She can, and frequently does, laugh at herself. What a gift.
(9) She is celebrating her last ever single-digit birthday!

I really, really love you Lillian! We all do. You are a gift from our Lord. Here's to many more birthdays and a life that glorifies Jesus Christ, our Savior and Redeemer!

(Oh, and by the way, she and Daddy are out right now picking out a brand new puppy!)

No comments: