I learned some very important things yesterday. I thought maybe they could benefit some of you out there!
(1) When a child decides to color his face with washable markers so that he looks like an alien, certain colors wash off better than others. A word of advice: Steer your children toward green and red and away from purple and yellow.
(2) Ingesting dog food won't hurt a 9 month old, but it just might make him gag.
(3) When a mama of five doesn't exercise in the morning, she is considerable more irritable for the whole day.
(4) Ditto on said mama going to bed at midnight and waking up at 5:30AM.
(5) Children can have more fun with a digital camera that records sound than they should.
(6) When one offers a seminary student coffee at 7:30PM, and he has been up since 4:00AM, you don't have to be be up front with the information that it's decaf. unless he asks. Let the psychological effect do its thing.
(7) Parsing Latin sentences causes one of my children to weep like a baby.
(8) It is very difficult, nigh impossible, to write a novel when there is a nine year old standing over your left shoulder asking incessant questions. All day.
(9) Kids will eat artichokes, if you cut them up small enough.
(10) You may have a 52-in. wide screen T.V., but watching a movie on Daddy's laptop, now THAT's exciting!!
(11) God is so good...something that is TRUE every day, yet I must be reminded of constantly.
So, what did you learn today?