The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. Psalm 16:6


Thursday, April 24, 2008

Birthday Boy

Nicholas completed another trip around the sun last Wednesday, and it was reason for rejoicing in our not-so-little family. We began the day with a trip to Krispy Kreme, Nicholas' favorite food of all time. The woman working the counter, upon hearing that it was Nicholas' birthday, handed out 3 hot from the oven donuts to Nicholas, Gabriel, and Kurt and we had a sweet and incredibly sticky ride home.

Once home, we downed some more KK, packed up our bags, liberally applied sunscreen, and loaded into the car bound for the happiest place on earth. We arrived at Disneyland at 11AM and boy, oh boy, did we have a ball. Nicholas, as the birthday boy, got to lead us around and choose which rides we went on next. Gabriel was thrilled as he was finally tall enough to ride the Indiana Jones ride. Kurt was beyond excited that he was let out of the stroller to walk (yes, he has finally decided to do that!) And the girls were ecstatic to be able to have cotton candy, something they never get.
Gustav and I just had a really fun time with our delightful children. We are so blessed to have, as Gustav said the other night, such "cool kids." They are funny and smart and keep us laughing.

Nicholas is turning into such a young man. It is really encouraging to see. There was a time not so long ago that I was really unsure whether he would be my undoing. He....and I, have matured so much since then. He's my little guinea pig. I have made more mistakes with him than I care to remember. But, by God's rich and infinite grace, he's turning out OK.
Given our absolute love of Winnie-the-Pooh, this seemed a fitting last picture as we headed home.


Just a little note: I have been attacked by much spam being posted in the comments section. As I get my in-house tech. guy on that, please don't click on any links that may appear there. Thanks!

1 comment:

karryn b said...

i cant believe how tall they're all getting...:)