"The life of true holiness is rooted
in the soil of awed adoration.
It does not grow elsewhere.
That which grows elsewhere is not true holiness, whatever else it is.
No blend of zeal, passion, self-denial, discipline, orthodoxy, and effort adds up to holiness
where praise is lacking."
~ J.I. Packer
Praise has been lacking here as of late, while I focus internally and miss entirely the comforting touch of God. May a new found focus on praising Him for unmerited gifts stretch me into a more holy creature. May I feel the warm soil of awed adoration squish between my toes.
" The LORD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation; This is my God, and I will praise Him; My father's God, and I will extol Him." Exodus 15:2Father God, I praise You for:
(1) The life-giving Word of God, without which I would not know my Savior.
(2) Good friends, sisters in Christ, who pray for me.
(3) Quiet Saturdays to rest and recharge.
(4) The delighted squeals of my french-fry loving toddler.
(5) Sisters giggling and enjoying one another's company.