Tomorrow our little Kurt turns two. It's shocking, really. I can't believe he is already so big, and yet I can't remember what life was like without him. He is my California baby. He's never even seen New England, what I consider to be home. So many of my most beloved friends have never even met him! In honor of his birthday, here are
Ten Things I Love About Kurt
(1) His hair. I mean, come on. The Beach Boys would be proud.
(2) His utter and complete obsession with trains. He even sleeps with a (clean) pair of underwear in his crib because there is a Thomas on the bum.
(3) The way he rubs and pats my back when I hold him.
(4) His sunshine-y temperament. He frequently hums to himself, and is always there to wave and yell "hew-woh" to the letter carrier.
(5) That smile. The one that gets him out of all the trouble he should be in.
(6) The way he gags every time I make him eat something new. Hey, it's worth a shot.
(7) He loves to dance. Especially to the Kung-Fu Panda soundtrack which we have listened to about 5 million times, give or take.
(8) His uncanny ability to name all of his body parts. Yep. All.
(9) The fact that he just walks into the nursery at church. No separation anxiety for him.
(10) He is a constant reminder that the Lord's ways are above our ways. Gustav and I would never have planned to get pregnant just before selling our home and traveling like gypsies across the country for 3 months before settling in La-La Land. What a blessing that our Lord is sovereign, because I can't imagine being without my little Kurt.
I love you, sweet stuff. Happy birthday.