The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. Psalm 16:6


Monday, May 28, 2007

A Month of Travel


Well, folks. After last summer's 3 month, 8,000 mile traveling bonanza, I vowed we would stay home for a long, long time without traveling.

I also said we wouldn't have a 5th child. Oh, and that we would never live in L.A. Heh. Heh.

We begin a month-long traveling spree this coming Thursday, when we venture out for our first-ever family camping trip. Yep. In a tent.

We will be camping with some other wonderful families at Yosemite (like this one and this one), and we are all very excited. It should be a wonderful time of fellowship, not to mention unplugging from society for a while. Most of you will remember the ranch in Wyoming idea? Yeah, Gustav's psyched, and may not return to society...

We return on Sunday evening and then Kurt and I are off on a whirlwind weekend getaway to Atlanta. My sister is hosting my parents, brother, and I to celebrate my Mom and Dad's 35th wedding anniversary. It is such a rare occasion that all of the Cranston's are in the same place at the same time. It will be wonderful to catch up and have them get to know Kurt.

We return on Sunday the 10th and then turn around on the 13th to drive up to Washington state for the annual family vacation with Gustav's side of the family. We will be driving 2 days up through some beautiful country. I am hoping to see the Redwoods on this trip! Once there, we will spend a relaxing week in a house with 14 other people (not counting our 7!) It is always a blast, though, where all of the cousins get reacquainted and the grown-ups stay up way too late discussing anything and everything. Gustav's family is an intellectual bunch. I, being unfit for such discussions, usually go to bed :-)

So, suffice it to say, June will be a slow month on the blog. Probably some picture updates, maybe a sentence or two. If you don't hear from us by July 1st, you might want to check the tents at Yosemite!

No comments: