The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. Psalm 16:6


Tuesday, January 23, 2007

T minus one day...

Well, I'm up and moving and marvelling that in 24 hours I will be in the hospital getting ready to have this baby. I've never felt so "un-ready" before! But, by God's grace I will be ready when I need to be. God gives us what we need when we need it, and not one second before, right?

The girls helped me pack my hospital bag last night, while Gustav and Nicholas did the grocery shopping for me. I have such a wonderful family!

I covet your prayers over these next few days. My parents are in the air as we "speak," flying out for a two week visit. I pray that this baby would be born quickly, without complication. I pray that Gustav would have the opportunity to rest a bit, as he has been working very hard over the past couple of weeks. Ah, the life of a contract worker...if he doesn't work, he doesn't get paid! I pray that the children would be a blessing to my parents: cheerful, helpful, and obedient. I pray, lastly, that I would be calm, patient, and strong when I need to be. God is good, and I acknowledge that He is sovereign over all things! Next time I post an entry it will, God-willing, be with news of the newest little human blessing in our lives. Praise God!

2 comments:

Casie Runkle said...

I woke up thinking about you today and I will continue to pray for you all day! I hope you have a speedy delivery and a healthy baby! God is so faithful - I know he will take care of you both! I can't wait to meet the new member of the Hoyer family!
Lots of love,
Casie

Nancy said...

Thanks so much, Casie!