The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. Psalm 16:6


Wednesday, January 17, 2007

What's in a Name?

So, I am sure some of you are wondering about my title for the blog, "75 and sunny." First off, I laughed when I started researching blog titles. I, of course, googled "blog names," "words frequently used in blogs," etc. etc. I actually found a blog with this title: "All the Good Names are Taken!" I kid you not! So, I started thinking of our circumstances for this past year...the many, many things that our family did. The ridiculous abundance of blessing from God...His provision, His care, His love, His protection. I realized just how blessed my life is.
Of course, we find ourselves in SoCal, where it really is 75 and sunny probably 300 days a year! But, it also describes my life pretty well. I'll share with you one of my favorite pieces of Scripture:

O Lord, You are the portion of my inheritance and my cup; You maintain my lot. The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Yes, I have a good inheritance.

Psalm 16:5-6

Despite an occasional cold, windy day... or even week, I trust that the Lord has good things in store for me (Romans 8:28.) I know the boundary lines have fallen to me in pleasant places. I know that He remains faithful, even when I do not. I know that my life is in His hands, and boy, is that a comfort!



No comments: