The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. Psalm 16:6


Monday, July 30, 2007

Planning, Perspiring, and Praying

Hello all! A little update on our not so little family on the left coast. First off, this picture is of the kids at Crater Lake, OR. We were psyched to see SNOW! The kids ran to it, and immediately made snowballs. We had Kurt touch snow for the first time! My little California baby!

I am in a frenzied state of non-action, as I try to plan out our 2007-2008 school year. So much I want to do, so little desire to do most of it! I have matched up history programs (Story of the World 1 for Lillian, History Odyssey 2 for the bigguns.) I've added in some read-aloud books, and made up reading lists of historical fiction and literature for the year. I have chosen our science curriculum - My World Science. I have purchased math, Latin, grammar, and some preschool books for Gabriel. And now I poop out. I've got nothing left. I'm thinking maybe a daily trip to Starbucks might improve the situation...

Oh, and the name of the blog...75 and Sunny...it's a misnomer. Try 95 and Sunny. Or 105 and Stiflingly Hot. "But, at least it's a dry heat," you're thinking. Yeah, rilly, rilly dry and HOT!

We have heard some heart-breaking news from some dear, dear ones in CT this week. It is so very, very hard not being there to tangibly "do" something. But then, God has shown me what "praying without ceasing" looks like. Please know, dear friends, that I may be far away, but I am praying for you to the same loving, awesome God that you serve. We sang the following hymn on Sunday, and this verse made me think of you:

Praise to the Lord, who o'er all things so wondrously reigneth,
Shelters thee under his wings, yea, so gently sustaineth!
Hast thou not seen how thy desires e'er have been
Granted in what he ordaineth?

We miss you all so, so, so much! We (I!!) get so jealous to hear of trips to Ginza's without us! But, we are where God would have us, and I am thankful for His great care and provision...His abundant blessing for our not so little family. We love you guys...

No comments: